Lonavala is a hill station and a popular weekend getaway for the people of Mumbai. It is located about 90 km from Mumbai and offers a refreshing escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Lonavala is known for its natural beauty, historical sites, adventure activities and delicious food. You can explore Lonavala in a day by taking a cab from Mumbai and visiting some of the best attractions in and around the town. Here is a guide to help you plan your 1 Day Mumbai To Lonavala Tour Package by cab.
The best time to visit Lonavala is from October to May, when the weather is pleasant and the scenery is green. You can avoid the monsoon season from June to September, as it may cause landslides and roadblocks. You can also avoid the peak season from December to January, as it may be crowded and expensive. Explore Lonavala during 1 Day Mumbai To Lonavala Tour Package. Famous Hill Stations Near Mumbai
Once you reach Lonavala, you can start your sightseeing tour by visiting some of the most famous attractions in the town. Here are some of the places that you should not miss on your 1 Day Mumbai To Lonavala Tour Package:
Places to Visit during 1 Day Mumbai To Lonavala Tour Package
|Ekvira temple||8:00 AM – 12:30 PM (Monday to Friday)||Free|
|Karla Caves||9:00 AM – 5:00 PM (Everyday)||INR 15 for Indians, SAARC and BIMSTEC visitors; INR 300 for foreign visitors|
|Bhaja Caves||8:00 AM – 6:00 PM (Everyday)||INR 15 for Indians, SAARC and BIMSTEC visitors; INR 200 for foreign visitors|
|Sunil Wax museum||9:00 AM – 9:30 PM (Everyday)||INR 200 for adults; Free for children below 5 years|
|Bhushi Dam||9:00 AM – 3:00 PM (Everyday)||Free|
|Tiger Point||24 hours (Best visited during the day time)||Free|
|Lion Point||24 hours (Best visited during the day time)||Free|
|Sunset Point Khandala||24 hours (Best visited near sunset time)||Free|
Overview of 1 Day Mumbai to Lonavala Tour Package
A 1 Day Mumbai to Lonavala Tour Package by cab is a great way to enjoy the scenic beauty and cultural heritage of this hill station. You can visit some of the most amazing attractions in Lonavala such as the Ekvira Temple, the Karla Caves, the Bhaja Caves, the Sunil’s Celebrity Wax Museum, the Bhushi Dam, the Tiger’s Point and the Lion’s Point.
You can also indulge in some adventure activities such as trekking, camping, paragliding and rappelling if you are feeling adventurous. You can also taste some of the local delicacies such as vada pav, misal pav, chikki, fudge and corn at the street stalls or restaurants in Lonavala.
Highlight's of 1 Day Mumbai to Lonavala Tour Package
- Explore the ancient Buddhist rock-cut caves of Karla and Bhaja, which date back to the 2nd century BC and have some exquisite carvings and sculptures.
- Visit the Ekvira Temple, which is dedicated to the goddess Ekvira, who is worshipped by the Koli and Agri communities. The temple is located near the Karla Caves and offers a serene atmosphere.
- Have some fun at the Sunil’s Celebrity Wax Museum, which is the first wax museum in India and has 100 life-size wax figures of famous personalities from various fields. You can take photos with your favourite celebrities and have a memorable time.
- Enjoy the refreshing water and the cool breeze at the Bhushi Dam, which is a popular tourist spot especially during the monsoons. You can also see a waterfall created by the overflowing water from the dam.
- Witness the spectacular sunset from the Tiger’s Point or Tiger’s Leap, which is a vantage point that offers panoramic views of the valley below. You can also hear an echo of your voice at this place.
- Relax at the Lion’s Point or Lion’s Leap, which is another viewpoint that overlooks the Khandala Ghat. It is a perfect spot to enjoy the beauty of nature and end your day on a peaceful note.